The Community Climate Asset Fund (CCAF) is a £3.5 million Scottish Government fund, administered by Keep Scotland Beautiful, which provides capital funding for community-based organisations to reduce emissions and support a green recovery from COVID-19. Deadline 12 noon on Monday 9 November 2020
The four key criteria of the fund are:
- Climate Impact – Your assets should reduce greenhouse gas emissions in your community, and help you to raise awareness and understanding of climate change and encourage people in your community to adopt lower carbon ways of living.
- Community Benefit – Your assets should provide clear benefits to your community, including those beyond your own organisation.
- Deliverability – Your application should demonstrate that you can complete your project and spend your grant by 31 March 2021.
- Maintenance – Your application should demonstrate that you have an appropriate maintenance plan as well as the resources to ensure that this is achievable. T
The fund can support projects which fall under seven main headings:
- Energy efficiency measures in community buildings
- Equipment to support community food growing
- Electric vehicles and charging infrastructure for community-run car clubs
- Cycles and facilities to reduce greenhouse gas emissions
- Electric bikes and charging infrastructure for community groups running existing climate change projects
- Equipment to reduce waste in your community
- Equipment to support an established community wood fuel scheme
Grants range between a minimum of £1,000 and maximum of £100,000.